Hair that is shiny, straight and smooth has always been considered trendy because it will always look good on any type of face. Straight hair can be styled in several ways or even worn free. Most people who are not fortunate enough to have naturally straight hair often turn to chemical treatments to rid their hair of unkempt curls and waves. Most salons provide hair straightening services that yield immediate results. The finished look however usually last for limited amount of time, probably a year. After a year, the side effects of the chemicals used will begin to show. This includes hair loss, allergy on the scalp and dry hair.
The solution for straight hair is using natural home remedies for straight hair. There are certain ingredients in your kitchen that will help you achieve a naturally straight hair look.
- Hot oil treatments
This form of treatment is among the best and simplest ways to smoothen and moisturize your hair for a long time. The warm oil will heat and saturate thus relaxing the wavy and curly pattern of your hair. When doing this treatment, be sure to use the best oil options, which include olive, sesame, almond and coconut oil. The instructions are below:
- Heat the oil you will use slightly in a microwave for around 20 seconds.
- Massage your scalp with the warm oil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ensure that all your hair is soaked in oil.
- Combing repeatedly.
- Use a wet towel to cover it for around 40 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and wash
- Comb your hair gently with a wide toothed comb while the hair is still damp then leave it to dry.
- Coconut milk
it is believed that coconut milk helps to straighten hair. It has moisturizing properties and also gives hair a lovely luster and shine. For more on its moisturizing abilities, check here: Furthermore, it is very beneficial in the aspects of being antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral that keep the scalp free of infection. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Mix a cup of coconut milk with squeezed out lemon juice.
- Refrigerate the mixture for a few hours until a creamy layer forms on top.
- Use this cream to gently massage your hair and scalp, and then leave it for 20 minutes.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair
- leave the shower cap on for around 30 minutes then wash your hair
- Comb your hair while it is still damp and leave it to dry.
Milk has moisturizing abilities and can therefore help in the straightening of hair. Additionally, the protein present in milk strengthens the hair shaft, smoothening them and making them kink free.
- Make a mixture of milk and water in equal proportions. Place the mixture in a spray bottle. Detangle your hair by combing it first, then spray the mixture all over your hair and comb again. Keep it on for about 30 minutes then wash and shampoo your hair. Be sure to apply also apply conditioner.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to a cup of milk. Mash up around 4 strawberries and throw them into the mixture. Apply this to your hair then wrap your hair with a towel and leave it to sit for 2 hours. Wash and shampoo your hair, then comb it with a wide toothed comb.
- Eggs and olive oil
Eggs are usually responsible for the shine and strength in hair. Olive oil on the other hand is a very good moisturizer. When combined, they can straighten hair naturally.
- Make a mixture of olive oil and properly bitten eggs.
- Massage your hair and scalp using this mixture, and then comb it.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it set for 45 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off, shampoo and wash your hair
- Fullers Earth
Also referred to as multani mitti, this natural remedy can straighten your hair. It even gets rid of kinky hair. In addition, since it is also a mild cleansing agent, no damage will come to your hair. Make a blend of one cup of fuller’s white, add two spoons of rice floor and one egg white.
- Add water to the mixture to achieve a thin texture
- Massage the mixture into your hair and comb it.
- Leave it to seat for an hour then wash your hair.
- Spray a generous amount of milk to your hair.
- Leave it to sit for 15 minutes, then wash your hair and condition it.