A runny nose is a very normal but irritating issue. It happens when there is too much mucus in the sinus and nasal sections. The increased mucus generation is the body’s method for flushing flu infections and allergens out of the body.
The most common reasons for a runny nose are the basic common cold, a sinus infection, an allergic reaction and a sudden climate change. If not treated in good time, it can prompt coughing, ear infections; headaches and other different issues.
There are numerous over-the-counter medication for a runny nose, yet they regularly have obnoxious side effects like sluggishness. Numerous basic home remedies for a runny nose can give you moment alleviation and reduce the intensity of your symptoms, with no side effects to worry about.
Home treatments for runny nose
Here are the main 10 home treatments for a runny nose.
- Salt Water
Salt water is the best home treatment for easing the irritation that comes with a runny nose. Salt water will thin the mucus, making it simpler to get rid of. It will likewise clear the nasal passages of irritants.
- Blend one-half teaspoon of table salt in some refined warm water.
- Utilizing a dropper put a couple drops of the mixture into every nostril tilting your head back.
- Breathe in gently to draw the mixture further into your nasal entries. At that point clean out your nose to expel excess mucus and mixture.
- Do this a couple times at a sitting until you feel better.
Rehash a few times every day until your condition gets better.
Steam is likewise an effective home treatment for a runny nose. It removes excessive mucus that results in sneezing and a runny nose.
- Place your face over a dish of boiling hot water, with a towel folded on your head to trap the steam. Take in the steam for around 10 minutes, and after that clean out your nose. Do this three or four time each day.
- You can likewise include a couple drops of eucalyptus oil or menthol to the boiling water before taking in the steam.
- Then again, you can also wash up or shower.
- Mustard Oil
Mustard oil has anti-toxic, antiviral and antihistamine properties that can give momentary respite from different symptoms of a runny nose.
- Heat a little mustard oil until it is somewhat warm. Utilizing a dropper put maybe a couple drops of the oil in every nostril. This will clear the nasal entries up. Do this a few times each day.
- Add some spoons of mustard oil and caraway seeds to a pot of bubbling hot water. Breathe in the steam. The solid fragrance of mustard oil will warm up the respiratory system, in this manner giving momentary reprive from a runny nose. Do this twice every day.
Note: Mustard oil is consumable, so you can cook with it.
Turmeric fills in as an antidote for several health conditions, a runny nose being one of them. The herb has solid antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties that make it highly effective for treating a runny nose.
- Immerse a spoon of ground turmeric into linseed oil. Burn the blend by holding it on light flame until it begins to smoke. Gradually breathe in the smoke through one nostril and afterward the other. Do this twice every day.
- Teaspoon of turmeric powder can be consumed twice daily. You can have it with some water. This will release the mucus in the body.
- Blend one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of warm milk and drink it before going to bed. This will provide quick relief from a cold, cough, sore throat, asthma and a runny nose-chilly, sore You can include a small amount of black pepper too.
Ginger has an extensive variety of antiviral, anti-toxic, antioxidants antifungal and immunizing properties that give speedy help from different symptoms of a runny nose.
- Biting little pieces of raw ginger sprinkled with salt a few times each day mitigates a runny nose rapidly.
- Slice the ginger root into small pieces, place them in some water and boil it for a while to make a tea. Include some honey for taste and have the tea three or four times each day.
- Boil one teaspoon of ginger powder in some water and breath in the steam.
- Ginger can likewise be taken as pills, which are accessible in the market, to avert a runny nose.